We are available 24 hours a day to help answer any questions you have. Please feel free to contact Anthony Marcotti direct at +1.714.478.2487 or e-mail email@example.com for any inquiry, question, or concern that you have regarding any aspect of a trip to Kandui Resort. For a brief rundown of what a trip to Kandui Resort is like and what you should expect please take time to look around the website and read the trip summary below:
Kandui Resort is located in the Playgrounds area of the Mentawai Islands and is considered to be one of the best surf resorts in the entire world for waves, accommodation, service, and overall experience. Kandui lies on a small, idyllic tropical island and consists of eight “umas” that host up to only 18 people at a time. With dozens of breaks within a 30 minute boat ride if there’s any swell at all you are going to score and if the swell is pumping it will completely blow your mind!
The Mentawai Islands are one of the most consistent surf destinations on Earth. The ideal time to go is between March through November but even in the “off-season” of December through February there is a wave breaking somewhere every day. We recommend people looking for fun-sized waves and smaller crowds to go early in March or April or later in October and November. For all the chargers out there we suggest a trip May through September. Kandui Resort is dialed in to the zone and knows where to go according to what the swell and wind are doing. We have a full array of boats at our disposal but mainly use panga-style canoes with outboard motors on the back that can get you just about anywhere in the Playgrounds area quickly.
Kandui Resort is best suited for people who only have a two week window to score great surf and want to maximize their time in the water. It is one of those rare places on Earth where you can surf all day, every day and since you are traveling by boat to surf reef passes and breaks you spend more time surfing and less time paddling. Your host, “All Day Ray Wilcoxen”, will expertly guide you into the best waves possible and manages a wonderful team all focused on making your vacation the best experience it can be.
Most of our guests fly into Singapore from their respective departure cities. From there you fly from Singapore to Jakarta, Jakarta to Padang, then Padang to Kandui via a chartered flight or speedboat depending on availability. It’s a long haul but well worth the payoff when you arrive. Singapore Airlines is hands down the best carrier; their prices are affordable, they don’t charge for boards, and are known as the best airline in the world.
The food at Kandui is delectable. Served buffet style in the main bar/restaurant area, the meals are included in the price. The typical breakfast includes cereal, eggs style, bacon, fruits, and rocket fuel coffee. Lunch and dinner are more varied, and anything from fresh tuna to tacos can be featured on the menu. The kitchen is particularly good with vegetarians and/or those with special dietary needs.
The best advice when packing for a surf trip is to pack as lightly as possible. This fundamental rule of travel is especially true on a surf trip through the Mentawai Islands when most of your time is spent in the water. Most people bring 3-4 boards that range from their standard shortboard on up to a small gun; it helps to plan what boards you want to bring according to the swell forecast. Since there are no surf shops on the island bring extra everything, boardshorts, leashes, fins, wax, sunblock. Life on land is pretty much the same. For most of the day you will be living in boardshorts but at night we suggest putting on light pants to protect from sand flies that come out at dusk and a nice shirt to have dinner in. Think barefoot luxury. Kandui is not a place where any cash is needed, the trips are almost all inclusive and any bar bills you rack up can be covered by credit card. The emphasis is on surfing and enjoying yourself!
Trips to Kandui Resort are all 10 or 11 days in length and pricing is structured to be as simple. Our trips include all accommodation, food and drinks, transport to the waves, entertainment, and all taxes. Optional extras available on the island include photos, video services through our partner FTR Films, beer and alcohol, massages, and souvenirs. Please note: Kandui Resort is very remote and requires a $400 transport charge to get you out to the resort. This transport charge consists of a speedboat/fast ferry depending on availability.
Kandui has hosted surfers from all over the world and consequently has become the “go to” spot in Indonesian surfing. It’s this popularity and a high rate of return guests that makes us recommend you book your trip at least 12 months in advance.
We have adopted a 10 day/10 night or 11 day/11 night schedule. Our schedule can accommodate 18 people for each new group arriving and departing on alternate Saturdays and Tuesdays. The main advantage of our schedule is the potential to surf the same day that you arrive into Singapore! All trips are available on a first come first served basis. Kandui Resort utilizes a speedboat/fast ferry to get you out to the resort from * Padang. We use a speedboat for one day transfers from Kandui - Padang and back, or make suitable alternative arrangements to minimize valuable vacation time lost.
If you are interested in booking your next vacation at Kandui Resort all you need to do is follow the instructions below.
1. Make Contact: The first thing you need to do is contact us with your requested dates using the contact information found on this website.
2. Send us your Basic Information: Now that you have chosen your desired dates we need to get some basic information from you and all of the members in your group if you are not traveling alone. This information will be used to secure the necessary permits to allow you to travel in the Mentawai Islands.
- Full Name on Passport
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiration Date
- Passport Country
- Flight Itinerary and Details
- Travel Insurance Confirmation
3. Confirm Dates and Make Deposit: Once we have confirmed your dates and received your basic information we require a $500 deposit to secure your booking. You can pay by American Express, VISA, or Mastercard, you may also send checks on behalf of Kandui Resort made out to our parent company:
629 Camino de los Mares #101
San Clemente, Ca 92673
or, you can also pay by wire transfer to our United States account.
4. Book your airline tickets: Antidote Travel and Kandui Resort are equipped to handle all of our United States guest’s flight details - we will work directly with you to find the appropriate flight and schedule for your group if you need us to. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to handle your travel details on your own.
5. Make final payment: Your final payment is due two months prior to your trip's departure.
6. Show up: Rule #1 is to remember to not miss your flight...believe us, it can happen to anyone. Once you've made it on the right flight, endured a trip halfway across the world, and landed in Padang we will be there to guide you onto your last leg from Padang to Kandui via speedboat and your vacation will officially begin!
7. Surf: Once you're at the resort almost everything is taken care of – practically the only thing you need to worry about is what board you should ride, if you are wearing sunblock, or drinking enough water
We look forward to welcoming you Kandui Resort!